Twitch/BF4 Stats

Steamprofile badge by Steamprofile.com

Monday, June 8, 2015

Unturned - Review




  • Unturned (Early Access)
  • Developer: Nelson Sexton
  • Publisher: Smartly Dressed Games
  • Release Date: Jul 7, 2014
  • Genre: Open World Zombie Survival / Free to Play
  • My Rating: 7/10



Developed by a teenager, Unturned is one of the most popular Free-To-Play games on Steam. It’s not hard to see why, the game is fun and intense. The graphics are reminiscent of Minecraft, but the focus is on gameplay. The player has the typical survival elements like thirst and starvation to worry about while scavaging for food, water, weapons, and items used it crafting. In one of my first plays I managed to find an axe, then used it to chop down trees. I made boards from logs and eventually built a wooden floor. I haven’t even finished that stucture before I found a truck with 18% fuel and followed the road out of town. A long drive led me to another town. Not long after I found a gas can. The gas can let me refuel my truck, which was at 6% after the drive. Scavaging this town led me to finding more clothes, a travel pack that once equipped allowed me to carry more items, and a shit-ton of zombies. I found guns and ammo while trying to run from the zombies, sprinting exhausts the player, and so does jumping. I never found the time to equip the gun. Instead I’m chopping away at zombies with my axe as I walk backwards. Avoiding new zombies from the left and right. After a few minutes of thinning out the heard I noticed I passed a couple gas pumps. I finish the zombies off and equip my empty gas can. As if I knew it was possible, I refilled the gas can and walked back to my truck, equipping my gun along the way. In all the chaos I found a moldy tomato and since my hunger was rising, I ate it. I noticed the green bar increase, that can’t be good. The green bar represent toxins or poisons. This is about when I decided to look up the Unturned Wiki and discovered I could’ve “Crafted” the moldy tomato and gotten a seed from it (a fresh tomato would produce two seeds). After a little while I managed to have my own vegatable garden growing outside my almost-hut. An (I’m assuming) endless supply of fuel from the gas station. But no friends, I’ve done all this work in a local game. Next time I play it, I’ll play it with friends.

“The game is being developed entirely with the community in focus, and tons of features are based entirely on feedback.” -Steam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resources:

No comments:

Post a Comment